Brakeman 6" Brown NMT
Receive free Standard shipping on every order placed within the continental US. In stock items generally arrive within 5 to 7 business days. Free shipping not available to Alaska and Hawaii.
Receive free return shipping on every order. When you place an order, you will receive a pre-paid return shipping label. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply use the pre-paid label to send them back to us free of charge.
Every line of work has unique needs. We built the Brakeman specifically to stand up to the rigors of the railroad. Its thick leather and stands up to oil and chemical spills while its specialized outsoles provide superior grip in every season.
- Dry-Core lining is a highly engineered, waterproof, scent-free barrier that lines the entire boot for 100% protection. Not only does Dry-Core block water from entering the boot, it also absorbs moisture in the boot and transfers it away from your foot.
- Full-grain leather upper provides comfort and excellent long term durability
- Vibram® pyramid rubber vamp provides chemical and abrasion resistance
- Goodyear welt construction with abrasion resistant stitching and laces
- 90º heel Vibram® Dri-Ice outsole is oil and slip resistant with superior traction in hot, cold, and wet climates
- Fiberglass shank
- 6" height
- 4.2 lbs per pair
- Non-metallic toe is lighter than steel and meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-05 M I/75 C/75 EH standards. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Cushioning
- Causes Hotspots or Blisters
- Wear Out Quickly
- Wet Weather
Comments about LaCrosse Brakeman 6" Non-Metallic Safety Toe Work Boots:
Finally, a boot that's made for the line or work I do which is T&E service in the Railroad industry. I'm a Conductor/Engineer and most of my time during my 10-12 hour tour of duty, I'm on the ground working. I haven't had any issues with the boot besides a few flaws. One, the insole wears out too quick but that can be fixed with buying memory foam soles at the store so, problem fixed there. Second, I have had this problem with ALL Lacross work boots with their rubber outsole tearing apart too quickly. So, you would have to buy boot glue to try to keep them intact until you get paid to buy a new pair. With this line of work and with this boot being called "The Brakeman" should be able to withstand at least 6 months of work. Also, Lacross needs to come out with a insulated version of this boot. Other than the outsole problem with Lacrosse boots, I'd personally perfer The Brakeman over the almost $300 Redwing workboot the bigger roads seem to want their workers to buy.
- Feels true to size
- Feels true to width
- Was this a gift?: